We are now accepting applications for our upcoming classes; day, evening and weekend. Call us at (954) 427-8830 to schedule an appointment or visit our campus in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
Click To Start Application Process
- The applicant must be a high school graduate or have a recognized equivalent diploma (GED) or have been home schooled according to State regulations.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old when applying for admission.
- All applicants are required to visit the school and talk to an academic advisor.
- All applicants are required to take an Admissions Assessment Test and pass with an overall score of 75% or higher. There is a non-refundable fee of $70 to take the entrance exam.
- Submission of two (2) references and a 300-word essay prior to admission.
- Applicants presenting a non-U.S. high school diploma or transcripts are required to have these records evaluated by an accredited Foreign Credential Evaluator.
- A physical exam report signed by a physician, physician’s assistant or Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (A.R.N.P) must be provided by all students enrolling in the Nursing programs. The physical examination report must include a current PPD and, if positive, a chest X-ray.
- Professional nursing students may choose to provide evidence of successful completion or the equivalent of one full-time academic semester (12 academic semester hours) or academic quarter (18 academic quarter hours) at an accredited college, university, or post-secondary school. The transcript must show that the basis of admission for the institution is proof of high school graduation or GED.
Applicants who do not have proof of high school graduation or an equivalent GED will not be eligible to enroll into the program. Admission to North Broward Technical Center’s nursing programs is based on an entrance assessment and two letters of recommendation to strengthen an applicant’s position for admission. Applicants are accepted and placed in the program based on a first come, first served basis. The nursing programs have a competitive admissions process. Applicants with the highest entrance exam scores, previous work experience, and high interview evaluations will be given priority admission. A minimum overall GPA of 2.0 is required. It is very important for applicants with a criminal history to confirm clearance before acceptance into the program.
Clinical and Externship Requirements
Nursing programs require clinical/externship training for hands-on learning to complete the program. The clinical/externship training may take place in a hospital or long term care facility. All students in the nursing programs must comply with the hospital criminal background and drug screening requirements before entering into a facility for the clinical/externship training.
A felony or misdemeanor conviction (other than a traffic offense) may disqualify graduates from taking important professional certification/licensure examinations. In some instances, these examinations are required for employment. Many certifying/licensing agencies have a review process for considering the nature of the conviction when rendering a determination as to an applicant’s eligibility to take the examination. The applicant/student is solely responsible for communicating directly with the appropriate certifying/licensing agency. North Broward Technical Center has no ability to influence the agency’s determination. Legislation, regulations, and certifications are determined by external agencies with criteria that are subject to change and are outside the control of North Broward Technical Center.
A criminal history, including but not limited to, felony or misdemeanor convictions may present a barrier to employment in a hospital and may present a barrier in other medical employment settings. Some employers, other than hospitals may consider the nature and circumstances of the conviction. North Broward Technical Center has no ability to affect the employer’s determination. The risk is borne solely by the student.
This is an equal opportunity institution that is dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment or training. Qualified students, applicants, or employees will not be excluded from any course of activity because of age, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, qualified mental or physical disability, or veteran status. All students have equal rights to advisement and training.
North Broward Technical Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or national origin in educational and employment opportunities.