North Broward Technical Center’s mission is to provide a quality education to nursing candidates to help them develop a foundation for success as healthcare professionals who are caring, culturally sensitive, and competent critical thinkers. Learning-centered instruction is provided in an energetic, collaborative, and supportive environment with the assistance of committed faculty members who are dedicated to teaching, research, service, and lifelong learning.
The vision of North Broward Technical Center is to be recognized as a national program of excellence in nursing education; one with a learning-centered focus and innovative programs that are responsive to the needs and aspirations of students and the demands of the healthcare industry.
The purpose of the North Broward Technical Center is to prepare nursing-student candidates to meet the changing and increasing workforce development needs in the healthcare industry. NBTC endeavors to provide programs that are tailored to meet the growing and long-term healthcare needs of the population; and that reflect the desires, experiences, and values of prospective nursing students.
Our Nursing Philosophy
The nursing faculty of North Broward Technical Center frames their philosophy within the context of the school’s mission and is guided by a set of beliefs held by the faculty to be the unifying core for the profession of nursing. Instructional activities are conducted by qualified and caring instructors who have a significant impact on students and their learning. Faculty and students maintain open communication inside and outside of class.
At NBTC believe in:
- Ensuring an optimum teaching and learning environment which sets high expectations and enables all students to reach their maximum potential
- Integrating human, physical, and technological resources to obtain educational excellence
- Providing an academically challenging and skill-oriented environment
- Integrating applied academics into technical training
- Giving appropriate attention to student learning outcomes and responding to students as individuals
- Attracting, enrolling, and retaining a secondary and postsecondary student body which reflects our diverse society
- Providing an education that enables students to become productive members of the workforce and community
- Providing the best occupational education possible for any individual
Our goal is not just to get through the day and then the term, but to see that each student grasps the material that is being taught and apply it in a professional and competent manner. The teachers take a personal interest in the well-being of each student in the class and their professional future.